Selena Gomez Kidney Donor Name, Who Francia Raisa is? What Happened to Francia Raisa and Selena Gome

Publish date: 2024-05-02

If you are a fan of Selena Gomez, you probably know that she underwent a kidney transplant in 2017 due to complications from lupus, an autoimmune disease that affects her organs.

But do you know who donated her kidney and what is their relationship now?

yoastmark class=

In this article, I will tell you everything you need to know about Selena Gomez’s kidney donor, Francia Raisa, and their friendship.

Selena Gomez Kidney Donor Name

Selena Gomez’s kidney donor name is Francia Raisa, a 29-year-old actress who is best known for her roles in The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Grown-ish, and Life-Size 2.

She is also a dancer and a model who has appeared in several magazines and music videos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZBHr4Pg5Wd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Who is Francia Raisa?

Francia Raisa is not only Selena Gomez’s kidney donor but also her best friend of over 10 years.

They met in 2007 at a children’s hospital and instantly clicked.

Both have supported each other through thick and thin and have shared many memorable moments together.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyCkFHILWfG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Francia Raisa Career

Francia Raisa started her acting career when she was 16 years old, landing a role in the sitcom American Family.

Since then, she has starred in many TV shows and movies, such as:

• Bring It On: All or Nothing
  • The Cutting Edge 3: Chasing the Dream
  • Beyond Paradise
  • Tiny House Nation
  • She is currently playing Ana Torres in the Black-ish spinoff Grown-ish, which follows the lives of college students3.

Francia Raisa’s Personal Life

Francia Raisa was born on July 26, 1988, in Los Angeles, California.

She is the daughter of Renán Almendárez Coello, a popular radio personality known as “El Cucuy”, and Virginia Almendárez.

She has two younger sisters, Italia and Irlanda.

She is of Honduran and Mexican descent.

Francia Raisa is also a devout Christian who attends Hillsong Church with Selena Gomez.

Is Francia Raisa and Selena Gomez Friends Again?

Francia Raisa and Selena Gomez are still friends, despite some rumors of a rift between them.

In March 2023, Selena Gomez praised Francia Raisa for saving her life in an episode of the Apple TV+ docuseries Dear… She said: “My best friend, her name is Francia.

She gave me her kidney when I didn’t even know if I would make it to the next day”.

In May 2023, Francia Raisa asked fans to stop bullying her over the drama between Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber.

She said: “I appreciate the love but please stop with the hate. It’s not fair to anyone involved”.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvLcnb8P5Lp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Who is Selena Gomez?

Selena Gomez is a 25-year-old singer, actress, producer, and entrepreneur who rose to fame as a child star on Disney Channel.

She has released three solo albums: Stars Dance (2013), Revival (2015), and Rare (2020), which have spawned hit singles such as “Come & Get It”, “Good for You”, “Lose You to Love Me”, and “Baila Conmigo”.

She has also starred in movies such as Spring Breakers, The Fundamentals of Caring, The Dead Don’t Die, and A Rainy Day in New York.

Selena is the founder of Rare Beauty, a makeup brand that promotes self-acceptance and mental health awareness.

Selena Gomez’s Early Life

Selena Gomez was born on July 22, 1992, in Grand Prairie, Texas.

She is the daughter of Ricardo Joel Gomez and Amanda Dawn “Mandy” Cornett.

Selena Gomez has a younger half-sister named Gracie Elliot Teefey.

She was named after the late Tejano singer Selena Quintanilla-Pérez.

Selena developed an interest in acting and singing at a young age, inspired by her mother who was a former stage actress.

She auditioned for Barney & Friends when she was seven years old and got the role of Gianna.

What Happened to Francia Raisa and Selena Gomez?

Francia Raisa and Gomez underwent kidney transplant surgery in September 2017 after Francia Raisa volunteered to donate her kidney to Selena Gomez, who was suffering from lupus-related organ damage.

The surgery was successful, but not without complications.

Selena Gomez had to go back into surgery because her body was rejecting the new kidney.

Francia Raisa also had a hard time recovering because she lost something her body didn’t need to lose.

They both shared their story on the Today Show and on Instagram, where they thanked each other and their doctors for their courage and generosity.

Francia Raisa and yoastmark class=

READ ALSO: Selena Gomez’s Net Worth: How the Star Made Her Millions

Conclusion

Francia Raisa and Selena are more than friends, they are family.

They have been through a life-changing experience together that has strengthened their bond.

Francia Raisa and Selena are both talented and inspiring women who have overcome many challenges and have achieved many successes.

Both are also role models for millions of fans who admire their friendship and their bravery. They are truly rare and beautiful.

ncG1vNJzZmibnq6urMHNnaBnm5%2BifLSxy56lmmWXpLqmxoykoJ2mla56pbvNqKlmppGism7Dx6hkn6qRo7CqrYyrmKKrkWK2tHnWoZitZZiWvbGxzZ6bZqyfYrOzrc2coJplopa2tK2MmqWdZaOauaa6wGaeqKWVr3qqv4yfqZqmk56ubr7AoqqaZZGjsW6%2FxKWcp5ldnLyusdlmnauhlaOxtHnAoJiipl8%3D