Sylvain Lessard dies in traffic accident on county road 42

Publish date: 2024-05-02

A somber incident unfolded on Tuesday evening in Lakeshore, as a collision between a passenger vehicle and a commercial vehicle on County Road 42 led to the untimely passing of Sylvain Lessard, a 20-year-old Windsor resident. The devastating crash, which occurred around 9:20 p.m., brought about significant disruption and prompted an immediate emergency response.

Lisa Derby took social media and posted the death news on Facebook,

“Sajan had a bunch of teammates over last hockey season for a Hot Tub and Sauna and this young man was one of them.
I remember his smile.
My boy said Sly was one of the only kids who reached out to him and told him that he felt Sajan didn’t get a fair chance with the Sharks.
That meant so much to Sajan.
That’s a good friend, and a good teammate.
Sajan will miss him.
I’m so sad for all of Sylvain’s friends, teammates and especially his family.
Tell your people you love them”

Sylvain Lessard, the lone occupant of the passenger vehicle, tragically lost his life at the scene, while the driver of the involved tractor-trailer sustained critical injuries and was swiftly transported to receive urgent medical treatment.

The response from emergency services, including the Ontario Provincial Police, Lakeshore Fire and Rescue, and Emergency Medical Services, was swift and comprehensive. Following the tragic incident, the thorough investigation conducted by Lakeshore OPP, with support from the OPP West Region traffic incident management and enforcement team, continued through the following day.

Celebrating the life of Sylvain Lessard, who has passed away at age 20. @mhick1953 n I pray God's great comfort for his family and friends … pic.twitter.com/OspP4FmXaW

— Dan Hickling (@DanHickling) October 25, 2023

As the investigation progressed, the temporary closure of County Road 42 between Lakeshore Road 103 and Patillo Road was lifted, allowing the resumption of normal traffic flow on Wednesday morning. Despite the road reopening, the community remains deeply affected by the heartbreaking loss of Sylvain Lessard, and our thoughts go out to his family and loved ones during this difficult time.

ncG1vNJzZmiin5fAo7vTrGWcp51kwLq41Zqgp2WcmsC0rdGdZJ2hlah6qrqMramanpaesG6twpygnZ2eqXqwuoycpq6mpK56s7vAnWRtal8%3D