Why Is Stephen A Smith Absent From First Take Today? Sickness & Covid Update - Is He Still On First

Publish date: 2024-05-02

Stephen A. Smith is absent from his First Take for several weeks now after he was tested positive for Covid. Continue reading the article to get more updates on his life. 

Stephan A. Smith is a sports television personality, who currently is working on ESPN's First Take with Molly Qerim as a commentator.

He is a well-liked commentator who also appears frequently on SportsCenter as an NBA analyst. However, his absence from the show has made everyone worried.

Why Is Stephen A Smith Absent From First Take Today?

Stephen A Smith is absent from his First Take today because he was tested positive for Covid-19 a couple of weeks back and was experiencing some symptoms.

Smith said he had a major announcement to make to the audience before going on camera on Dec 21.

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith announces he has COVID-19 on 'First Take' https://t.co/qbDsdmFvry Hope you are feeling better soon! We miss you Stephan A. We love you and we love First Take!!!! 😀😀😀😀

— LindaKiyan (@KiyanLinda) December 21, 2021

He revealed to the public that, he tested positive over the weekend in December 2021. He also claimed he tested negative several times during his trip to Los Angeles and upon his arrival in New York.

"I'm doing fine. "Mild symptoms," Smith explained. "Thank God I was immunized. "Thank God I got the Pfizer vaccine a few months ago, two shots."

Since he has been on the leave for more than 15 days, people are worried about his health. But he has finally made his presence felt on Twitter by tweeting about the game between Chargers and Steelers on Jan 9, 2022.

He wrote, "What a fantastic game. What a return by Herbert and the rest of the Charger team. I'm a @steelers fan, and this still makes me happy."

After this tweet, people are hoping to see him pretty soon on the First Take.

How Is The State Of Stephen A. Smith Sickness?  Covid Update

Stephen A. Smith, an ESPN "First Take" commentator, announced on Tuesday's broadcast on Dec 21, 2021, that he had tested positive for COVID-19.

His silence on social media has made every one of his supporters worried about his health condition. 

What a game. What a comeback by Herbert and the @chargers. I’m a @steelers fan and I’m still loving this. What a Game!!!!

— Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) January 10, 2022

Finally, he break his silence to support one of his colleagues in ESPN, Mina Kimes, an ESPN NFL analyst. Seeing his combative attitude at the tweet made everyone relieved about his health. 

Following that, he made another one on January 9 supporting Charger for their amazing performance. This has reassured his fans and supporters that he is recovering well from covid. 

People are desperately waiting for him to make a comeback. They seem to be extremely dissatisfied with the commentator who has been hired to fill in for Smith.

Is Stephen A Smith Still On First Take Or Did He Left First Take?

Stephen A. Smith is still on First Take, he has not left ESPN. He is currently on the leave after testing positive for Covid. 

However, his absence from the show has already lasted more than fifteen days. Fans are worried that he left First Take. 

.@ESPN .@MollyQerim .@Espngreeny Does anyone know if @stephenasmith got lost in the sauce cause he hasn’t been seen or heard from in over two weeks. pic.twitter.com/MePuBA8AzW

— 40DB Wear a Mask - Save a Life! (@40DBx4) January 11, 2022

This revelation was made just before Christmas, and fans haven't heard from him about the covid update since then.

He has been totally absent from First Take, and it is clear that the virus has had a significant impact on his physical and mental health.

Regardless, we assumed that he will soon be back in his game of commentating.  

Due to the new omicron variant, there has been an increase in positive COVID-19 cases in the United States, forcing sports leagues to postpone games.

ncG1vNJzZmirmKTEo7XZnKarppWne6S7zGiuobFdnsBuv9Oep6GdnmKubr%2FMoquhZZGXwKa602adq6edYrOqvtKtZK2Zm5p6tbvDmrBmq5mYuK%2Bx0qxknKemnrFuwc%2BdmK2d