Discover Warren Buffetts Top 10 Book Recommendations

Publish date: 2024-05-05

Warren Edward Buffett is an American businessman, investor and philanthropist. He is currently the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. His viewers want to know which are the books recommended by him. In the post, you will get all the information related to Warren Buffett.

Which are the Top 10 Books Recommended by Warren Buffett?

If you want to become more successful and intelligent, it would be wise for you to follow some of Warren Buffett’s advice. In 2000, the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway informed a class of Columbia Business School MBA students:

“Read 500 pages like this every day, That’s how knowledge works. It builds up, like compound interest. All of you can do it, but I guarantee not very many of you will do it.”

Below we provided a list of the top 10 books recommended by Warren Buffett:

1. ‘Poor Charlie’s Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger’

This book is edited by Peter D. Kaufman. In the style of lectures and articles, this book provides a wealth of financial knowledge authored by Charlie Munger, vice president of Berkshire and longstanding business associate of Buffett.

2. ‘The Intelligent Investor’

This book is edited by Benjamin Graham. Buffett has given “The Intelligent Investor” a number of high marks. He wrote in his 2011 letter:

“In my early days, I, too, rejoiced when the market rose. Then I read chapter eight of Ben Graham’s ‘The Intelligent Investor,’ the chapter dealing with how investors should view fluctuations in stock prices, Immediately, the scales fell from my eyes and low prices became my friend. Picking up that book was one of the luckiest moments in my life.”

The billionaire investor mentioned it again in 2013:

“Of all the investments I ever made, buying Ben’s book was the best (except for my purchase of two marriage licenses). In contrast, Ben’s ideas were explained logically in elegant, easy-to-understand prose (without Greek letters or complicated formulas).”

3. ‘Mitek: A Global Success Story, 1981-2011’

This book is edited by Jim Healy. This book chronicles the journey of MiTek, a small Midwestern company founded in 1955, from near financial disaster to becoming a leading supplier in its sector. Buffett wrote in 2011:

“You’ll learn how my interest in the company was originally piqued by my receiving in the mail a hunk of ugly metal whose purpose I couldn’t fathom. Since we bought MiTek in 2001, it has made 33 ‘tuck-in’ acquisitions, almost all successful.”

4. ‘A Few Lessons for Investors and Managers From Warren Buffett’

This book is edited by Peter Bevelin. Looking to absorb timeless advice from the Oracle of Omaha? For managers and investors, this is a quick (about 81 pages) and simple must-read. He wrote in 2011:

“It essentially sums up what Charlie and I have been saying over the years in annual reports and at annual meetings.”

5. ‘Tap Dancing to Work: Warren Buffett on Practically Everything’

This book is edited by Carol J. Loomis. Buffett acknowledged Carol Loomis, the author of “Tap Dancing to Work” and a former editor-at-large of Fortune magazine, in a letter from 2012.

Loomis provides readers with knowledge about Buffett’s philosophies on public policy, philanthropy, management and even parenting in addition to his financial methods.

6. ‘The Clash of the Cultures: Investment vs. Speculation’

This book is edited by John C. Bogle. This is another book from Buffett’s 2012 letter. John C. Bogle, the founder of The Vanguard Group and the man who is credited with inventing the first index fund, discusses in his book “Clash of the Cultures” how the mutual fund industry is evolving, how speculation has infiltrated our country’s retirement system and why a federal standard of fiduciary duty is necessary.

7. ‘Investing Between the Lines: How to Make Smarter Decisions by Decoding CEO Communications’

Buffett also recommended this title in his 2012 shareholder letter. Expert in trust and value L.J. Rittenhouse presents a methodology to gauge organizational trustworthiness as a predictor of investment potential, based on over a decade of research.

8. ‘Berkshire Hathaway Letters to Shareholders’

This book is edited by Max Olson. One of the numerous collections of Berkshire Hathaway letters that Max Olson has made since 1965 is this one. Buffett wrote in 2013:

“It includes an index that I find particularly useful, specifying page numbers for individuals, companies and subject matter.”

9. ’40 Chances: Finding Hope in a Hungry World

This book is edited by Howard G. Buffett and Howard W. Buffett. Thus, Howard decided to provide himself 40 years to dedicate over $3 billion to this endeavor. Buffett suggested that readers will enjoy this book which chronicles that voyage.

10. ‘Where Are the Customers’ Yachts? Or a Good Hard Look at Wall Street’

This book is by Fred Schwed. In his 2014 letter, Buffett suggested this wonderful book, but it wasn’t the first time he gave it high marks. Back in 2006, he declared:

“This is the funniest book ever written about investing. It conveys a number of very significant but brief messages on the subject.”

You can also check out our below posts related to books:

There is a curiosity among Warren Buffett’s viewers to know how much he earned in his life and below you will know about his earnings.

How Much Did Warren Buffett Earn?

He is the son of Howard Buffett, US congressman and businessman. As a result of his immense investment success, Warren Buffett is one of the best-known investors in the world. As of December 2023, he had a net worth of $120 billion, making him the seventh-richest person in the world.

You can follow us on Twitter for more information related to these kinds of topics.

ncG1vNJzZmiulaPBtr7Eo6alrF6YvK57kWlpbGdhZ3xyf46bpqijo2K%2Fpq%2FOpqSeppSasW6u2GaumqqimrturtSfnZ6spGQ%3D