How did Melvin Sloan die? Know Everything about him and his Funeral plans

Publish date: 2024-05-09

Melvin Sloan, the celebrated Grand Ole Opry dancer, passed away at the age of 82 on February 26, 2023. His death was announced by his family members after all efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. Throughout his life, Melvin was known for his dedication to the Grand Ole Opry, and he will be remembered and cherished by those who knew him.

Who was Melvin Sloan?

Melvin Sloan’s life was filled with music, dancing, and dedication to his family’s legacy in the Grand Ole Opry. He became the leader of the Ralph Sloan Dancers after his brother’s passing, renaming the group the Melvin Sloan Dancers. He eventually retired from the stage after the 50th anniversary of his family’s dynasty on the Opry.

Music was in his blood; his mother was a music educator, and his siblings were musically talented. Melvin fell ill as a child, and during his recovery, his brother Ralph gave him a guitar that would forever change his life. He started playing music with classmates and eventually formed a band with Charles Johnson and Doug Buhler, playing throughout Middle Tennessee.

He also performed gospel music with his mother and later formed the Kingdom Heirs quartet. His dedication to music and his family’s legacy on the Grand Ole Opry will always be remembered.

Read this also: How did Keith Moser die? Know Everything About this Incident

How did Melvin Sloan die?

Melvin Sloan, a legendary dancer of the Grand Ole Opry, passed away peacefully in his sleep on Sunday at the age of 82. Sloan was a highly devoted and celebrated member of the Grand Ole Opry, and his passing has left a deep sense of loss among his family, friends, and the country music community. Despite all the efforts made to revive him, Sloan was pronounced dead, and his family members announced his passing shortly after.

Sloan had been an iconic figure in the Grand Ole Opry for many years and was loved by all who had the chance to meet him. His passion and dedication to his craft made him a cherished member of the Grand Ole Opry family, and his legacy will continue to inspire generations of dancers and performers to come. His passing has left a void in the country music industry, but his impact and contributions will be remembered for years to come.

Read this also: How did Landon Hardie die? What was his cause of death?

Obituary and Funeral Arrangements

The visitation for the late Melvin Sloan will be held on Friday, March 3, 2023, from 4–7 p.m., and on Saturday, March 4, 2023, from 10:00 a.m. until the funeral service at 11:00 a.m. The service will be held at the Bartons Creek Baptist Church, located at 1530 Bartons Creek Road in Lebanon, Tennessee. Friends, family, and fans of the legendary Grand Ole Opry dancer are invited to attend the visitation and funeral service to pay their respects and honor his memory.

Tributes to Melvin Sloan

Tom Wardle Wrote,

I had the good fortune to meet Melvin backstage at the Opry around the year 2000. He was an excellent vocalist and gave me his CD “Melvin Sloan and Friends Pick and Sing Opry Favorites’. Some very, very good recordings. His duet with Mandy Barnett of ‘Waltz Across Texas” is outstanding, and my favorite track. Rest in peace, Melvin

Cheryl L Duren Wrote,

So sorry for the loss of Melvin. I enjoyed watching him and Ralph dance. Comfort to the family during this transition. 🌷

Dave Caley Wrote,

He was Gracious enough and I was very Privileged to have him and his dancers in a music video that I was in filmed backstage at the Grand Ole Opry There were many other stars also It’s the only one of its kind ever shot there And it’s a Classic. It’s the first of 2 that I was in about the Opry The first one Song Title—Livin It Up Backstage The second song Gods Grand Ole Opry are both are Classics. Dave Caley

Jeanene Fortin Wrote,

He was a terrific dancer. My condolences to his family and Opry family ~ may he Rest in Peace ~ 🙏🌹🕊

ncG1vNJzZmiqkZ%2ButLDEp6uapJOkua2xxp5lnKedZLqmuNWipWarnKSur3nDopxo